Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ginger cookies win.

I had a shitty day. Aside from learning at 3:30 p.m. that I was scheduled to work at 8:30 a.m. at the espresso bar, my "newly fixed" car stalled in Dunmore several times. I got into a phone argument with the last person I want to phone argue with and I got a mean papercut.

But it really wasn't shitty when I think about it, which brings me to what I'm grateful for today. Todd Faltin's willingness to share his superb recipe for vegan gingersnap cookies. I added a lot more ginger than was called for, and it was a good decision because anyone who had one looked pleased. And I was delighted to bake them. But that's not what mattered. I love Todd, and I love how he himself is so generous with his baked goods and with life in general. Making his cookies reminded me of that spirit and how I myself should strive to be as giving and compassionate as he is. Maybe we all can.

No comments: