Wednesday, August 27, 2008

long voice mails.

I think I live for the days I'm at work, check my phone, see a voice mail, listen to it and have to save it for later because it's so long. Usually these are the type from my friends across the state and usually they are the very best. They start out with a chuckle because my greeting tricks everyone. Every time, too.

Whomever calls usually gives me an update, celebrates what he or she knows about me, prompts me to call back and says the usual, but not empty goodbyes: miss you, love you, all that jazz. Please know that these mean everything to me. After a few months of missing people constantly, I've gotten used to it. That doesn't mean I've forgotten; it just means it's not as aching as it was. So when I hear these messages, my heart just swells and wants to burst, like it typically does about anything involving any of the fantastic hearts I know and love. These used to be just from Todd when he first moved from Indiana to Pittsburgh, but now they're much more frequent from several others, too, since everyone went in complete different geographic locations.

So thanks, pals, for taking the time and blabbering about nothing and everything all at once. I really am grateful for your thoughts, concerns and love. In other words, I'm grateful for you overall. We'll actually catch each other on the other end some day. Until then, I love you and I miss you. And I really, really mean it -- but you already knew that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow.. kendra- i don't think i can even express in the English language how good of a writer you are- seriously, it's some word beyond just being a writer because it transcends just putting words to a page in some clever or artistic fashion, it's this like, "life-juicing" you do! haha really! it's so real and geniune- it's like you slow it down enough that even the bad stuff gets looked at in such awe because it's all part of this LIFE experience. You're making movies without a camera girl, i love it! : ) okay, have you read "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"? If not do so immediately, but he's like that too, where he says things like... "When we got out of the tunnel, Sam screamed this really funny scream, and there it was. Downtown. Lights on buildings and everything makes you wonder. Sam sat down and started laughing. Patrick started laughing. I started laughing.
And in that moment, i swear we were infinite." But anyway, i just wanted to say how reading about your life made me appreciate mine more : ) You've always been a kick-ass friend and i miss your delightfulness fo sure! I really hope things are going well for you- keep me posted! I might start one of these things sometime and then we can be buddies haha.
p.s. California is a trip. but i'm guessing that's just part of the act? <3 always renee

My Idea of Fun said...

leave me the longest voice mail you know how to and tell me why you aren't here anymore.